A string trimmer works in the same way as does a lawn mower. However, there are some narrow places, excessively tall weeds, grass and slope patches of ground that a lawn mower can’t tackle. At such places, you can use a string trimmer with great comfort. It keeps the walkways neat and well-organized. You can use it on uneven patches of the ground to make the grass well-organized.
- 10Amp motor with straight shaft and .080 dual line bump feed
- Light weight and simple electric start with cord lock feature makes it easy to use
- Large 18" cutting path helps speed up the trimming process
- Power Source Type: battery-powered
- INSTANT LINE FEED Innovative push button Command Feed spool system for instant line feeding. Plus, Free Spools for Life!
- BATTERIES ARE INCLUDED 2 powerful and lightweight 20V Power Share MaxLithium batteries come with this tool, and can be used on any other tool in the WORX Power Share family
- 6.5A, 14 inches electric string trimmer
- This product is manufactured in China
- This product meets customer Requirement
Before you select a string trimmer, you need to check what kind of shaft and power sources you want with a string trimmer. There are some other factors too. Let’s have a bird’s eye view of all these factors.
First, select the right type according to your backyard. A string trimmer comes in curved and straight form. You can use the curved around tree-trunks and plants to cut the long grass and weeds properly. If you have many plants in your yard, select the curved one. If you have only grass, go for the straight string trimmer.
Check the power source of your selected string trimmer. There are basically three main power sources: battery, gasoline and traditional power cord connected to an outdoor outlet. Let’s analyze all of them.
Corded electric string trimmers are an affordable and good option for people who have an outdoor power outlet. The cord length is around 100 ft. If you select such a string trimmer, make sure that your outdoor power outlet is not far than 100 ft.
A battery-powered string trimmer is also a good option, but it can function for a limited time. When the battery is down, you can’t use it unless it is recharged. But these are cordless and you can use them with great comfort and ease. Usually, the battery can stay up to 30 minutes for continuous use.
A gas-powered string trimmer is reliable but noisy. It comes with a four-cycle engine powered by gasoline. The only con for using it is that you need to add a fuel stabilizer if you want to make it stable for a long time. In fact, the ethanol in gasoline sticks with the engine and makes it difficult to work.
The gas-powered string trimmer comes in two and four-cycle models. Two-cycles are a bit cheaper and easily affordable. But four-cycle models are environment-friendly.